Jackson Brigade Corporation Genealogical Association for Descendants of John JACKSON (1715 – 1801) and Elizabeth (CUMMINS) JACKSON (c 1720 – 1825).
Beginning of Jackson Brigade Corporation
The Jackson Brigade Corporation was incorporated 24 March 1992 in the state of West Virginia by some descendants of Col. Edward Jackson and his brother John Jackson, Jr. The corporation was designed to include any interested descendants of John and Elizabeth (Cummins) Jackson and other interested persons as members.
Purposes of Jackson Brigade Corporation
The purposes of the Jackson Brigade Corporation are:
1. To research, preserve and exchange genealogical information about the family who are descendants of John and Elizabeth (Cummins) Jackson; and to strengthen family ties.
2. To publish the publication called the Jackson Brigade Quarterly.
3. To hold reunions on a periodic basis.
4. To receive gifts and bequests for the support of the Jackson Brigade Corporation.
President: Daniel C. Hyde
Vice-President: Lee Jackson
Secretary: Jane C. Hilder
Treasurer: Winnetta Kennedy
Past President: Jane C. Hilder
Member at Large: Nancy A. Jackson
Publications Editor: John M. Jackson
Web Masters: Daniel C. Hyde and Lee Jackson
George Jackson line – open+
Edward Jackson line – Linda Meyers
John Jackson, Jr. line – Winnetta Kennedy
Elizabeth Jackson Brake line – open+
Sophia Jackson Davis line – Mary Love Berryman
Mary Sarah Jackson Reger line – Ann Fissel
Samuel Jackson line – Juliann Lumpkin
Henry Jackson line – open+
* The Branch Advocates shall serve on the Executive Committee as representatives of each of the descendancy lines of John and Elizabeth Cummins Jackson’s eight children (George, Edward, John Jr., Elizabeth, Sophia, Mary Sarah, Samuel and Henry). Usually, but not required, a Branch Advocate is a descendant of that branch of the Jackson family. Their duties are to serve as advocate of their represented branch of the family and assist the other officers in the work of the Jackson Brigade. For example, Branch Advocates might recruit members from their line, solicit articles on their line or organize a reunion in a historical area important to their line. (From the Jackson Brigade Bylaws)
+ Position is open. If you are a descendant of this line and are interested, please contact our President Dan Hyde.
Subscription/Dues: payable by August 31st – $20.00 per year. This includes four (4) issues of the Jackson Brigade Quarterly, membership and free queries. Fill out Membership Form below and mail with check made out to: Jackson Brigade Corporation. Mail check and form to: Jackson Brigade Corporation, c/o Winnetta Kennedy, 7840 Shady Lane, Northfield, Ohio 44067-2732
Sample issue of the Jackson Brigade Quarterly to view
Back issues of the Jackson Brigade Quarterly